Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is Australia’s dedicated warship sustainment company. Working with our supply chain partners, we deliver sustainment and stewardship for the Royal Australian Navy.
NSM, a Babcock company, is a leading Tier 1 maritime Prime Contractor in Australia, engaging with over 230 suppliers to provide holistic sustainment capabilities to the Commonwealth of Australia. NSM is responsible for the sustainment and stewardship of two of the largest vessels in the Royal Australian Navy, the Landing Helicopter Docks, HMAS Adelaide and HMAS Canberra. NSM is also a key industrial participant in the Warship Asset Management Alliance (WAMA), responsible for the capability and sustainment of the ANZAC Class frigates.
ANZAC Class Frigates
NSM provides the continued sustainment of the Australian Anzac Class Frigates under the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA). Awarded in 2016, WAMA represents an alliance with NSM, BAE Systems, SAAB and the Commonwealth, for the total asset management of the Anzac Class Frigates through to the end of their life. Together, the alliance delivers materially seaworthy warships, driving long term efficiencies for the Royal Australian Navy.
Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHDs) and LHD Landing Crafts
As the LHD Asset Class Prime Contractor (ACPC), NSM provides the support and sustainment program for two Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD), HMAS Canberra and Adelaide, and 12 LHD Light Landing Craft (LLC). The ACPC contract extends for 5 years with 5+5 extension opportunities and includes the Through Life Support Facility and Navy Training System Centre based at Randwick Barracks in NSW.
Headquartered in Henderson, Western Australia, NSM’s national footprint and highly responsive supply chain is ideally placed to support our customers’ critical assets wherever and whenever the need may arise.
NSM’s capability spans the full spectrum of naval sustainment services:
- Asset management services
- Ship repair, refit and refurbishment
- Engineering support
- Supply chain management
- Procurement and logistics support
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
Core to how NSM operates is our Inclusive Prime model. Rather than simply integrating industry, we incorporate four key building blocks for effective and efficient naval support services:
- Establishing the right partnerships with shipbuilders, system manufacturers, industry and of course the Navy.
- Australianising the naval support supply chain and a commitment to capability development, not simply maximising Australian content.
- Building effective collaborative partnerships and being an Australian leader in adopting formal collaborative relationships standards.
- Implementing a digitally-enabled asset management approach that combines ISO standards with Industry 4.0 technologies such as big data analysis and predictive modelling.
General Manager: Gavin Stewart
Sydney: Level 7, 40 Miller St, North Sydney, NSW 2060
Rockingham WA: 85 Chalgrove Ave, Rockingham, WA 6168
Garden Island: Building 95 & 328, Navy Precinct, Cnr Cowper Wharf Rd & Wylde Street, Potts Point, NSW 2011
Rozelle NSW: Sydney City Marine, 37 James Craig Rd, Rozelle, NSW 2039
NSM is a Quality Assured company to ISO 55001:2014, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001, ISO 14001:2015 and AS/NZS 4801:2001 for the provision of sustainment services for maritime vessels.